Tn Professionals

The TN classification applies to a Canadian or Mexican citizen seeking classification as a professional temporarily under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).  TN employment must be in a profession listed in Appendix to NAFTA and the TN employee must possess the credentials required.  Most of the listed professions require either a bachelor’s degree or a licensures degree.  Canadian citizens need not obtain TN-1 consular visas, and may apply directly at Class A U.S. ports of entry.  Mexican citizens must apply for TN visas at an appropriate U.S. Consulate.  There is no annual limit on TN-1 admissions.


Dependents (spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age) of TN professionals are entitled to TD status. Dependents may be students in the U.S., but may not be employed under the TD status.

Get in touch with us for more information!