E-3 Australian Professionals

The E-3 is a new work visa category available only to Australian citizens. The E-3 Treaty Professional Visa is a temporary work visa. It is usually issued for 2 years at the time. United States legislation limits the E-3 visa to citizens of Australia.  The primary E-3 work visa applicant must be going to the United States to work in a specialty occupation.  The term “specialty occupation” means an occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States. The definition is the same as the Immigration and Nationality Act definition of an H-1B specialty occupation.


Dependents (spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age) of E-3 visa applicant need not be Australian citizens and are entitled to E-3D (dependent) visas.  Spouses of E-3 workers are also entitled to work authorization.

Get in touch with us for more information!